Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Odds Schmods!

Was there any doubt that we’d be in this spot?

If you thought the season would end any other way, you clearly have not been paying attention. Here’s what will happen this weekend;

Steelers will beat Dolphins
Patriots will beat the Texans
Broncos will beat the Chiefs

I am fairly certain that the Ravens will beat the Raiders, but I have another post coming on that topic.

That leaves the Bengals vs Jets to determine our fate… on Sunday night no less. Last game of the regular season.

Conventional wisdom has the Jets playing much harder than the Bengals especially since Cincinnati will be locked into the #4 seed come kickoff time. I remember in ’89 when we needed the Vikings to beat the Bengals on Monday night (last game of the regular season) for us to get in. This time we need Cinci to come out on top, but the circumstances are very similar.

One other thing… If the Bengals lose to the Jets this week they are almost assured of getting them right back in the Wild Card Round. They will of course know this, and do they really want to face a team that JUST beat them? Now the Bengals have not played well of late, but I think they are a slightly better team than the Jets and I’m hoping that talent will win on this day.

If the Bengals pull it off, we’ll have a date with New England. I’ll be the first to say; I hate that matchup, but I’ll take it to get in.

No comments: