Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kethchup Colored Glasses?

I know, I know, the popular sentiment is that the Steelers season is over, they’re toast, turn out the lights the party’s over. So why must I continue my torture by believing that all is not lost?

Am I some sort of masochist? Not last I checked.

Am I that much of a blind homer? Quite possibly.

But mostly I think it’s in the facts…

When you look at this team vs the other teams in the hunt it is impossible for me to give the edge to any of them; both on talent and remaining schedule. I mean really; Jacksonville just is not very good, they face a difficult schedule to close the season and they are the only team in front of the Steelers for the 6th seed. If they lose twice, the door is open. If we win out we will eliminate both Baltimore and Miami, then we just have to hope for one Jets loss and we are in.

Sounds good, but I know what you are thinking. How in the world can we expect this team to win their last four? Well, I do and here’s why… We have outplayed virtually every opponent this year, we’ve had a ton of late game let downs yes, but we are one blowout win, or one big defensive stop away from regaining our swagger. We get Green Bay after a long week of rest and we get the Ravens at home with a healthy Big Ben.

I hate that we are fighting for a six seed, but we are still fighting. In my crystal ball I see a matchup with Cinci in the Wild Card round and I for one am excited about that possibility. When we win that game, looks like we’ll get Indy in the divisional round, hmmm that seems oddly familiar.

I say put on your ketchup colored glasses, jump in your Delorean and set the date for 2005, gonna be a fun ride.

No comments: