Wednesday, January 26, 2011

All alone in the dark...

Where will you be watching the game? Party? Sports bar? In Dallas? (lucky bastard)

Me? Well, umm… I’ll be watching the game all alone in the dark. There really is no other choice.

Sadly for me, the Super Bowl is not a celebration, but an exercise in survival. My wife will load the kids up on Super Sunday and go somewhere, anywhere but home. I will watch every play intently and I will yell… a lot. If things get desperate I will break out my 30 year old Steelers helmet and point the logo at the TV, you know because that kind of cosmic power needs to be reserved.

Yes, my insanity for the Steelers, especially during the Super Bowl really does know no bounds. When the game is over I will either be relieved or devastated and I will definitely be exhausted. Hell, I’m exhausted already.

So…. Where you watchin’ the game?



No comments: